Has your dog been poisoned by something that he or she ate, drank, or touched? If so, it’s important to act quickly and seek professional help.

In this blog post, we’ll discuss the steps you need to take in order to treat and care for your pooch if they have been poisoned.

The First Steps

If you suspect that your dog has been poisoned, call your veterinarian immediately. Describe the situation as accurately and clearly as possible so that your vet can provide the best advice on how to proceed.

It is also important to bring your pet in for an examination as soon as possible; if this isn’t possible due to time constraints or distance, ask for instructions on how you can monitor them at home.

When discussing the situation with your vet, be sure to provide any details you may know about the situation – including what type of poison was consumed (if known), how much was eaten/drank, when it was ingested, and where it was found.

If you have any evidence of the poison (such as a container or packaging), bring this along too. This will help your vet accurately assess and treat the situation.

Treating Your Pet

Once you have spoken with a veterinarian, follow their instructions carefully when treating your pet at home.

The treatment plan may include inducing vomiting to remove any remaining toxins from their system, administering fluids to flush out any poisons still present in their body, and providing supportive care while they recover from their ordeal.

Depending on their condition, they may need additional treatments such as charcoal therapy or IV fluids in order to fully recover.


If your dog has been poisoned by something they ate, drank, or touched it is important that you act quickly and seek professional help right away in order to ensure the best outcome for them.

By following these steps outlined above – contacting a vet straight away and providing an accurate description of what happened – you are giving your pet the best chance of recovering quickly and safely from their ordeal.

It is also important that you keep all evidence of whatever substance was ingested so that your vet can accurately assess and treat the situation accordingly.

Finally, follow all instructions given by your veterinarian regarding treatments for at-home care as well as monitoring progress during recovery stages. A little bit of prevention goes a long way toward keeping our beloved furry friends safe!